The annual fundraising campaign for the Stroke Support Association is underway.
Our goal is to raise $5,000 by November 1, 2018.
This will allow us to plan for our 2019 budget. Although Stroke Support Association (SSA) is run primarily by volunteers, we currently have two part-time staff positions. Christine Escalona has returned as our Executive Director, and Betsy Hardiman (a former SSA Executive Director) is filling the role as Support Group Adminstrator. The two make an excellent team and has enabled SSA to deliver our services over the last several months.
Some of the services delivered over the last year include:
- Weekly* support groups, separately for stroke survivors and caregivers
- November 2017 End of Session Luncheon
- Holiday Luncheon in December 2017
- Presentation: Tsygoyna Tanzman, MA, CCC SLP shared Strategies to Find Hope and Resilience Everyday in February 2018
- March 2018 End of Session Lunch
- Presentation and Workshop: Healthcare Treatment Choices and “Five Wishes” in May 2018
- Orange County Stroke Awareness Picnic exhibitor in May 2018
- Weingart Senior Fair exhibitor in June 2018
- Presentation: Vision After Stroke given by Rachelle Lin, OD, M,S FAAO of Marshall B. Ketchum University in July 2018
- July 2018 End of Session Lunch
- Stroke Support Association Annual Picnic in August 2018
*Group meetings are held every Tuesday in 12 week cycles with breaks during April, August and December
Please help us to continue and expand our services for stroke survivors and their families. We depend on your generous donations and grants. We receive no funding from any national or state-level organizations.Long Beach
Categorized in: SSA News