About SSA’s Weekly Stroke Support Groups
Support group discussions are led by trained facilitators for information sharing about stroke, and opportunities to share problem-solving, community resources related to stroke and encourage socialization with new friends. Family members and caregivers meet in separate break-out groups from the stroke survivors.
From specialists and other family members, an informal atmosphere encourages everyone to obtain valuable information to better understand stroke and to learn ways of coping with feelings brought on by stroke’s life-changing effects. Understanding and shared problem-solving assists in dealing with changes from stroke.
There is no charge to support group participants but donations are gratefully accepted to help us continue to deliver our services.
In-Person and Online ZOOM Group meetings are held in 12 week cycles with NO meetings being held in the months of April, August and December.
IN-PERSON GROUPS IN LONG BEACH INFORMATION
- A support group for stroke survivors and a group for family members and caregivers meet simultaneously
- Every Tuesday from 10:00-11:30 AM.
- Registration is not required. New Members will be registered at their first meeting.
- COVID Protocols: Masks are optional and we are not setting the chairs 6 feet apart.
- Location: California Heights Methodist Church at 3759 Orange Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807
Upcoming Schedule for In-Person Stroke Support Groups
- Stroke Support Association in-person meetings resume Sept.
- Every Tuesday: Sept 5, 12, 19, 26, October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, November 7, 14, 28 (No meeting Nov 21)
- Stroke survivors and caregivers meet together at 10:00 AM, then break out into separate groups.
ONLINE ZOOM GROUP INFORMATION
- Every Wednesday: Sept 6, 13, 20, 27, October 4, 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8, 15, 29 (No meeting Nov 22)
- Separate sessions for Survivors at 10:00-10:55 AM, and Caregivers at 11:00-11:55 AM
- Zoom invitations will be emailed out each Tuesday.
- If you are not already a member, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the Zoom link.
10:00-10:50 AM PDT for stroke survivors; 11:00-11:50 AM PDT for caregivers
Zoom invitations are emailed weekly. Newcomers, please send your name and email address to be placed on our Zoom list. All are welcome regardless of location.
It is quite simple to join. With a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, you would simply click on a link you are sent each Tuesday and that will allow you access to the Wednesday meeting. If you have a regular phone, you can call in as if it were a phone call; you will be able to talk and listen only. The meetings are just like our in-person meetings — they have the same feel and are an excellent substitute for the in-person groups.
For further information please call: