About SSA’s Weekly Stroke Support Groups
Support group discussions are led by trained facilitators for information sharing about stroke, and opportunities to share problem-solving, community resources related to stroke and encourage socialization with new friends. Family members and caregivers meet in separate break-out groups from the stroke survivors.
From specialists and other family members, an informal atmosphere encourages everyone to obtain valuable information to better understand stroke and to learn ways of coping with feelings brought on by stroke’s life-changing effects. Understanding and shared problem-solving assists in dealing with changes from stroke.
There is no charge to support group participants but donations are gratefully accepted to help us continue to deliver our services.
LONG BEACH, CA IN-PERSON GROUP INFORMATION
- A support group for stroke survivors and a group for family members and caregivers meet simultaneously
- Every Tuesday from 10:00-11:30 AM
- Registration is not required. New Members will be registered at their first meeting.
- COVID Protocols: Chairs will be placed six feet apart for social distancing. Face masks are required. Paper masks and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Groups meetings are held in 12 week cycles with NO meetings being held in the months of April, August and December.
- California Heights Methodist Church
3759 Orange Avenue (at Bixby Road), Long Beach, CA 90807
Fall Schedule for In-person support group sessions for stroke survivors and caregivers in Long Beach:
Sept. 7, Sept. 14, Sept. 21, Sept. 28
Oct. 5, Oct. 12, Oct. 19, Oct. 26
Nov. 2, Nov. 9, Nov. 16, Nov. 23
ONLINE ZOOM GROUP INFORMATION
- Every Wednesday
- Separate sessions for Survivors at 10:00-10:50 AM, and Caregivers at 11:00-11:50 AM
- Zoom invitations will be emailed out each Tuesday.
- If you are not already a member, please send your name and email address to email@example.com to receive the Zoom link.
Fall Schedule for Online Zoom support groups
Wednesdays, September 8 through November 24, 2021 – 10:00 AM for survivors and 11:00 AM for caregivers
For further information please call: