Stroke Support Association is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Stroke Support Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 5, 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as zip code, preferences, interests, role in relationship to strokes
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offerings
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use this information for internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- Using the email address you provided, we may periodically send promotional emails about new services, patient education, events, or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We will not provide your information to third parties for marketing or promotional purposes. We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that “asks permission” to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to users’ needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Do not complete subscription form(s) on the website
- If you have previously submitted your contact information for Stroke Support Association to communicate updates to you, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you grant us permission beforehand.
A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to:
Stroke Support Association, P.O. Box 8340, Long Beach, CA 90808.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address or email us at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.